Sunday, August 10, 2014

Ready for Back to Homeschool!!!

Hello To All!

I am so totally new to this whole blogging thing but I thought I'd give it a try.

We are getting ready to start our 2nd year of homeschooling and let me tell you, I am SO excited.  I still have no idea what I am doing, and this can be very scary, but I still cannot wait to jump in.

Last year it was only RPCC and me.  Our main curriculum was Time4Learning which is an online curriculum. If you would like to check this out you can find them at http://www.time4learning.com/.

While this is an absolutely wonderful program I want something more hands on.  Of course this is not easy on a limited income so I have been researching free resources and entering every giveaway I can find. If this whole blogging thing works out I will post as many giveaways I can find for those of you who would also like a chance at some pretty wonderful prizes. Plus, you get to meet some pretty amazing bloggers.

Anywho, this year it will be RPCC, 'LilT and me.  We will be doing 3rd grade with RPCC and Pre-K/K with 'LilT.  Sounds exciting right!  During my research I found Lesson Pathways (http://www.lessonpathways.com/Splash). They have full year curriculum, teacher resources and full detailed lesson plans for K-5.  The best part is, they are now FREE.  You get to pick and choose your lesson plans for each child.  This is great for those who may be advanced in one area and having difficulty in another.

As with any program out there, free or not, there are always other materials you need.  So, with that said, I started researching to see how I can get these books and things free.  We recently moved to a new state so I looked up our local library to get a new card and guess what I found.  They have a homeschool program where you can get all the materials you want for 6 weeks at a time.  All you have to do is tell them up to ten areas you are studying and they will put a bin together, OR, you can go in to the library and handpick what you want.  No limit to how many you can get.  This includes books, media, magazines and even discovery kits.  This was amazing to me seeing as our previous state gave no assistance to homeschooling families.

Well, I think that sums up my excitement for the new year to come. Thanks for reading my ramblings!  Please feel free to tell us about your feelings on the new year and share any freebies you may know of.


2 comments:

  1. Man, I wish I was still going to be around to watch you teach this year. I feel like it'll be much more interesting with the new hands-on curriculum, and that library program is great! Love you mom! Lots of luck, and support :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet darling. You have your own new adventures to take this year.

      Delete